One of my favourite authors died this morning at the age of 86. Zig Ziglar has inspired and motivated me to keep on dreaming big, and I believe he lived a life of purpose.
I learned so much from his books – an endless list of nuggets of wisdom worth keeping for writers, solopreneurs, authors, sales people, marketers, leaders, etc.
I want to share my top ten Zig Ziglar quotes:
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
- “If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.”
- “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.”
- “Every choice you make has an end result.”
- “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.”
- “If you want to reach a goal, you must “see the reaching” in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.”
- “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.”
- “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.”
- “When you are tough on yourself, life is going to be infinitely easier on you.”
- “Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life – all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity.”